Looking after your Hunter Candles....
Our soy candles are hand-poured using Ecosoya wax, which is biodegradable and free from pesticides. Our fragrance oils are free from petrochemicals, phthalates or parabens and no palm oil. The wax contains no genetically modified material or petroleum and is manufactured using pure soy beans.
It is normal in soy wax for the shade to change in colour and develop a dusty looking layer overtime.
Please follow our little guidelines below to help you get the most satisfaction out of your scent!
- Burn your candle for at least 2 hours or until the wax is melted all the way to the glass to prevent an uneven burn, and to imprint the candle memory.
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch to ensure that your candle is burning gently; your candle will burn quicker and smoke if the wick is too long and will be not burn as well if the wick is too short
- Allow the candle to cool before relighting, and before cutting the ball at the end of the wick
- You may notice a 'mushrooming' on your wick, regular trimming will prevent this.
- Keep candles away from sunlight and heat sources - candles will lose their scent and may discolour when placed in direct sunlight. When burning many candles together, place them apart to prevent uneven burning
- Keep the burn pool clean; you may wash soy candle gently in cool water - make sure it is air dry before use
- If the candle is creating an uneven burn, simply adjust the wick to the centre of the container or the side that needs more heat
- Simply wipe the black that may occur inside the jar, if any, with damp cloth
- Do not leave your candles unattended and placed away from draft, children and pets and always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface